Cake Bake & Roll
Stop by today and sign up for cupcake classes!
Natalie Grace’s Wish Event
Thursday September 4th from 6:00-10:00pm
SEPTEMBER IS CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS MONTH so come out and show your support this Thursday, September 4, 6-10PM at McLoone’s Pier House in Pier Village. Help to fund desperately needed childhood cancer trials through The Truth 365/Arms Wide Open Childhood Cancer Foundation.
Tickets are $100 in advance or $120 at the door. Included with your purchase is an OPEN BAR, hors d’oeuvres, food stations and dessert (think of it as a fun night out with your friends). Additionally you’ll be enjoying the beautiful ocean view, LIVE music from recently signed singer-songwriter Mikey Wax (named “Artist on the Verge”), and raffles/prizes as well as a valet service will be provided.
When our “Will You Send Us A Dollar” fundraiser was born, we received mail from every single state plus internationally and raised $110,000 in only 5 months. 100% of that donation helped to fund SIX different childhood cancer trials!
THIS YEAR we are at it again, only our new goal is to raise $150,000 by Natalie’s 5th birthday, and in an effort to help make this goal a reality, we’re holding a fundraiser at McLoone’s in Long Branch on Thursday September 4th from 6:00-10:00pm.
TO PURCHASE TICKETS: click on the link below (for the Arms Wide Open
Childhood Cancer website) which will take you directly to their
donation site. Simply fill in your payment, and click in the circle
where it says “Natalie Grace’s Wish Event.” There are no printable
tickets, however when your donation is submitted you will
automatically be added to our guest list which will be at the entrance
of the event. http://www.awoccf.org/donate/
LINKS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR FAMILY, OR TO FOLLOW NATALIE ON HER JOURNEY:
- Our Facebook page: Infinite Love for Natalie Grace https://www.facebook.com/pages/Infinite-Love-for-Natalie-Grace/190964064381897
- Natalie’s journey (a 3 minute video)
- Our family in the news
CHILDHOOD CANCER FACTS:
- It is the LEADING cause of death by disease in children + adolescents in the USA – More than AIDS, asthma, cystic fibrosis, congenital anomalies and diabetes COMBINED!
- In 20 YEARS, the FDA has initially approved only TWO drugs for any childhood cancer, while approximately 900 adult cancer drugs are in the drug development pipeline.
- Incidence of invasive pediatric cancers is UP 29% in the past 20 years, yet funding for pediatric cancer is down! The National Cancer Institute (NCI) allocates a mere 4% to pediatric research (96% goes to profitable adult cancer research). The American Cancer Society only 1% and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society a mere 2%!
- The average age for an adult to be diagnosed with cancer is 67, for a child it’s 6. That means that an adult who loses their battle will lose 15 years of life while a child loses 71 years!
- Every, SINGLE day approximately 46 families are told that their child has cancer (in the USA alone), and 7 of those children die EVERY SINGLE DAY!
Live Music every Saturday Night at Sawa 9PM – 12!
A Taste of Pier Village
Starting at McLoone’s Pier House North Bar, guests will receive a bracelet and map of participating Pier Village restaurants and retailers. Retailers will have savory samples of food accompanied by cocktails, so each guest can get a taste of Pier Village. After a night of taste testing, take a stroll along Centennial Drive and Ocean Avenue, where the night will wrap up with a decadent dessert from Cake, Bake & Roll.
The Pier Village Pooch Party
Dogs and their owners will explore the scenic Pier Village, visit with vendors and sponsors, participate in activities and contests including Temptation Tower and Musical Sit and enjoy music provided by Entertainment Xtreme. The day will conclude with the crowning of the Pinkest Pooch of Pier Village. Current vendors include the Associated Humane Society, Dogs on the Farm and Cats Too, Furever Free, The Hungry Puppy, Monmouth County SPCA, The Pittie Project and Valerie Bruder Photography.